Soooo, we were strolling the aisles of our favorite store, Michaels the other day!!!, and we came across this awesome little "DIY Indian leather section", and we got a little excited...to say the least. Give us any excuse to make something, let alone something American Indian inspired, and you have us on board 100%
We have been seeing these little Indian medicine pouch necklaces around, and decided to make our own version.
|12th Street by Cynthia Vincent Fall/Winter 2011-2012 Lookbook|
|Cute little medicine bag necklaces -|
|the lovely Ashley from Purse 'n boots blog styled this shoot|
What we did to make our version:
- Native heritage medicine pouch kit - which we purchased at Michaels for $8
- Leather cord - we chose leather, but suede would work as well. Go here
- funky silver charms to dangle - here
- Jump rings - here
- Toggle - here - not entirely necessary, though it looks cute with one
- Chains to hang your funky charms from -here
and the result -
|DIY Indian leather medicine pouch necklace|
Loves it. we will be fighting over this baby for sure.
and the DIY'ing continues.....